The sun will rise if you are anticipating it...or if you are asleep
There is something to be said for stability, routine and consistency. These descriptors have their place as well as their benefit to your life. If you are like me, the older you get, the more attractive these traits are in a partner. However, no matter how hard you try, there will be times when your stable ground will be shaken. Change will come whether you want it or not. Some change at first glance will appear to be on your side, while other changes will rock your world...and not the way Michael Jackson describes....Enjoy.✌🏾
What I've learned in my life and business is the quality I find most valuable is one's ability to adapt. Accepting and embracing change allow you to accommodate change whenever it shows up in your life. Strengthening that flexibility muscle will prepare you to transition from one experience to another.
Life becomes more difficult when you refuse to adapt when change happens. Resisting and rejecting change doesn't change the fact that change is occurring. The sun will rise whether you are anticipating it or if you are asleep.
Did you know that being rigid and always resisting new experiences causes unnecessary stress. It blocks your options and blinds you from the possibilities. Yes, there can be unpleasantness in change but it is equally as true that change can unlock opportunities.
Understanding the why
So what is it about change that causes such resistance? Why are we so guarded and tight about varied experiences? What causes us to shut down and put up barriers to accepting change? Perhaps this happens to because people generally love control. People generally believe they have control over their destiny. They believe their actions define their fate. Of course, we know to a certain degree this is true. We can influence our outcomes. We can define what we want in life, create a plan and start the journey to achievement.
However, what many of us leave out of our plans, preparing for those unexpected experiences that happen beyond our control. Life will interrupt your plans both subtlety and with firepower. Unfortunately, we don't know when, where or how they will appear and there lies the problem. You can't plan for unknown, right?
How do you plan to cope with something that is unavoidable yet mysteriously hidden in the unknown? This plight can be terrifying, especially if you are someone who takes pride in maintaining control. It's no wonder some people will do anything to prevent that scary feeling of uncertainty. For many others, this fear can be more than just unsettling, it can become crippling.
As you know, this is an unhealthy space to reside. Although these feelings are understandable, but you can't stay in this space. In order to have vital growth in your life, you must find a way to move out of the space of fear and into a space of curiosity.
Yes curiosity about the possibilities that lie underneath the change. Moving your thoughts into the wonder of possible positive outcomes. Transforming those feelings of fear into the hope of opportunities unknown. This is where you must exercise your courage muscle. When change occurs, stand in courage, be brave and trust your intuition.
When you are brave, it is not to say that you are not fearful. Being brave is not the absence of fear. Being brave is being honest, standing true to your emotions, even the feeling of fear. Bravery is moving forward carrying difficult emotions, prepared to face the discomfort, in spite of the lack of control. Courage allows you stop the fear of change from defeating you and fighting your new path.
In business, change is important for any brand to retain their competitive edge and meet the need of their Ideal Buyer. Organizations embrace change to effectively innovate, adapt and perform through hardships. They do so in order to do more than just survive, they are committed to change so their brands will thrive.
The same is true for the personal brand of you. You too must move authentically, wearing the nuances of your life's experiences of your sleeve as your testament of strength and courage.
Being brave as you transition through change has many benefits that are worth exploring, here are ten of them to get you excited:
- Strength: As we know not all changes make us feel good at onset, however, overcoming difficult spaces in your life will make you not only wiser but stronger and more confident in that strength.
- Adaptability: Frequent changes in life make it easier for you to adapt to new situations, new environments and new people. This flexibility gives you the footing to stand tall in the midst of an unexpected shifts.
- Confidence: During those time that you persist to make a much needed change, celebrate the small wins. As you get closer to your goal, you believe more and your confidence increases. This new faith will give you the energy to move you over the finish line.
- Personal mastery: Every time something changes, you grow and learn new things from the experience. The lessons learned lend to advise all other areas of your life.
- Values: Some changes force us to stop, take a deep breath and think about the things that are most important to us. There is nothing like an abrupt shift in your plans to make you re-evaluate your life, shift your priorities and reinforce your values.
- Do better, be better: The growth that comes from either planned or unexpected changes may yield improvement in other areas of your life.
- Advancement: Change triggers progress. Experiences in your life generally move your life forward. Although depending on the change, that movement may be slow and a curved path.
- Options & opportunities: Even the most un-welcomed change can open doors for possibilities and hope.
- A do-over: Change brings about new beginnings. Change may close one chapter but it also gives you a new pen to begin writing the words for the next.
- Lead by example: Influencers prepare for change. They accept change. Leaders embrace change. Successful people initiate change. Lean into change, get the lessons and shift their meaning so in the end, they are purposeful in your life.
The sun will rise whether you are awake to bear witness or sound asleep. Why not wake up to view the wonder of the luminous. Watching the sunrise may shine the light on the possibilities of potential, peace and wellbeing for the day. That first sparkle of light can infuse the day with amazing energy to welcome the day.
The positive energy from a sunset can ignite the spirit of gratitude as you are blessed to live to see another day. As long as you are alive, you have hope. During the most difficult change, go outside, let the sun kiss your skin and soak up some Vitamin D. Your mood with shift and mind will ease so you can take a deep breath of courage to tackle any change life brings your way.
I want to hear from you! What are some changes you would like to make in your life and how do you handle changes that are forced upon you? After you leave your comments below, go back up top, watch the video, dance and put smile on your face. Put a smile on your sisters face, share this article with her too!💕